2.0

I called and spoke to the manager on the phone. I explained that I had pink acrylic with gel over it. I asked how much for a fill and she said $30. I asked if they do designs and she said yes. I made an appointment at 10am on Valentine's day.

I arrived on time and was sat with a lady with red rimmed glasses. (Didn't catch her name.) The place wasn't very clean but I tried to overlook that. I explained to her that I had acrylic with gel shellac and she proceeded to soak the gel off my nails. I told her I had a 11:30 hair appt and asked her to use the electric nail filer because I was pressed for time. She told me they don't use electric there and not to worry we would have enough time. Ooooook should have known right there to walk out, but I didn't. I was pressured to get this done because it was Valentine's Day and I wanted to look flawless for my night out with my love. Both of my thumb nails were broken. She proceeded to use a silk wrap with hardly ANY powder. I asked her what she was doing that I have acrylic and she said this was better for my nails and I should try it. (This ticked me off cause I informed the lady on the phone I had pink acrylic.) Once she got both my thumbs fixed they were clearly a different color from my other nails, but again I kept going with it. I'm not one to make a scene and I understand that time is money.

Once she filled and shaped my nails, (shaped them HORRIBLY, might I add) she looked at the picture I had in mind for the design. The design was a basic red heart on my ring fingers and a squiggly red line across the other four nails which resembled a heart monitor line. Pretty basic design if you have the right tools and brushes which this lady, clearly did not. She was shaking putting the design on and when she was done it looked like a 5 year old drew with crayon on my nails. See the pics I posted because I am not even exaggerating. After she put the gel and design on she tried to put a regular top coat OVER the shellac.....Ummmmmm what? I stopped her and requested she put the gel clear coat on top.

Not only was the design a joke, but the shape of my nails were ridiculous. My thumbs weren't even the same length, I wanted squared tips and some of them were squared and some weren't. There were also bumps on my nails for not being filled or filed correctly.

I was so unhappy when she was done and then she told me the total was $65!!!!!!!!!! I am from NYC and have been getting my nails done for 14 years....NEVER have I EVER paid $65 for manicures 1000 times better than this. I argued with her and expressed I wasn't happy. She basically said she would fix them but CLEARLY if she couldn't do it right the first time, why would I give her another chance. I paid the $65 and left. It was 11:40 at this point, I called my hair salon but they told me that they were absolutely swamped and could no longer fit me in because I wouldn't be there for another 20 minutes. I cried all the way home and when my boyfriend saw my nails, he drove me back there to talk to the manager.

The manager wasn't very helpful and after going back and forth with her she gave $15 back for the design.....So I still spent $50 for something I was completely unhappy with.....I basically pissed $50 bucks out the window.

I went to another salon straight from Pinkies called Lovely Nails & Spa and they reshaped my nails and did the design I wanted flawlessly and quickly. They charged me $30 for the shellac manicure with the design.

So at the end of the day Pinkies cost me $80 to get the manicure I could have gotten for $45 at Lovely if I just did some research and went there instead.

I can't believe these people are in business and they conduct their business the way they do. They are over-priced and severely lack artistry and efficiency. I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN AND I URGE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $50. This person is overall dissatisfied with Pinkie Nail Salon. The most disappointing about acrylic nails at Pinkie Nail Salon was service, artistry and price Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Beauty Centers and Spas category for more informed decision or compare Pinkie Nail Salon to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Pinkie Nail Salon?

Comments